Cookies and Crème Brûlée
Indulge in the creamy, crunchy goodness of this cookies and cream brulee. The vanilla custard base is studded with chunks of cookie crumbles, and the caramelized sugar topping adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
for 8 servings
- 4 cups heavy cream (960 mL)
- 16 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- Calories 588
- Fat 57g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Separate sandwich cookies by gently twisting them apart. Put the cookies in one bowl and the filling in another.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat heavy cream and cream filling, whisking until the filling has melted but stopping just before boil.
- Add vanilla and remove from heat. Cover and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and half of the sugar. Add the cream mixture a little at a time, tempering the egg yolks until all incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Place ramekins on a baking pan and fill to the top with cream mixture.
- In a ziplock bag, crush the cookies until fine.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the cookie crumbs over each ramekin.
- Fill the pan with boiling water.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When set, add 2 teaspoons of sugar to the tops of the ramekins. Shake to make even, and broil or torch until the sugar is caramelized.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.