90% would make again
Cookies and Crème Brûlée
featured in 5 Melt In Your Mouth Crème Brûlée Dishes
for 8 servings
- 4 cups heavy cream (960 mL)
- 16 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- Calories 588
- Fat 57g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Separate sandwich cookies by gently twisting them apart. Put the cookies in one bowl and the filling in another.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat heavy cream and cream filling, whisking until the filling has melted but stopping just before boil.
- Add vanilla and remove from heat. Cover and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and half of the sugar. Add the cream mixture a little at a time, tempering the egg yolks until all incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Place ramekins on a baking pan and fill to the top with cream mixture.
- In a ziplock bag, crush the cookies until fine.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the cookie crumbs over each ramekin.
- Fill the pan with boiling water.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When set, add 2 teaspoons of sugar to the tops of the ramekins. Shake to make even, and broil or torch until the sugar is caramelized.