Cranberry Cream Cheese Braid
featured in Revamped Classic Thanksgiving Side Dishes
A sweet and flaky pastry filled with creamy and tart cranberry cream cheese, perfect for a sweet breakfast or snack.
May 14, 2023
98% would make again
for 5 servings
- ½ cup orange juice (120 mL)
- ¼ cup dried cranberry (30 g)
- 4 oz cream cheese (115 g)
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, egg wash
- ⅓ cup almond slices (35 g), or nuts of your choice
- ½ cup powdered sugar (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Calories 522
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 53g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 28g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave orange juice for 30 seconds until warm.
- Add cranberries to juice and let it soak for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Unfold puff pastry, and 1 inch (2 cm) from the top, fill the middle row with cream cheese mixture, and top with the cranberries. Leave 1 inch (2 cm) at the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- With a knife, carefully slice diagonal strips on both sides, leaving 1 inch (2 cm) from the top and bottom.
- Cut off the top and bottom excess pieces.
- Fold the top inch (2 cm) dough onto the filling, then lay the dough in a criss-cross pattern to form the braid.
- Before the last couple strips, fold up the bottom and lay the remaining strips over.
- Whisk an egg and brush it over the top of the braid.
- Add almonds or other nuts.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut into desired size and drizzle the icing.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.