95% would make again
featured in 5 Tart Recipes To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
for 4 servings
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter (115 g), softened and cut into 1-inch (2 1/2 cm) cubes
- ⅔ cup sugar (135 g)
- 2 cups flour (250 g)
- 2 mangoes
- 2 oz cream cheese (55 g), softened
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt (95 g)
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Calories 798
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 120g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 64g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- In a large bowl, beat the egg.
- Add the butter and sugar, and mix.
- Add the flour and mix until combined. The dough will be crumbly in your hand.
- Transfer the crust mixture into a greased 8-inch (20 cm) tart pan one handful at a time, pressing it down to create an even, thin layer over the entire pan, about ¼ inch (6 mm).
- NOTE: Freeze and save remaining pie crust crumble for later.
- Prick the crust with a fork to prevent it from puffing up in the oven.
- Bake the crust for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- On a cutting board, cut a half inch (1 cm) off the bottom and top off the mango to give it a flat base. Standing it upright, make exterior slices from the top to bottom to take the skin off.
- Remove the meat from the sides and thinly slice.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, orange zest, sugar, orange juice, and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the yogurt mixture to the cooled tart crust.
- Starting from the outer edge, place mango slices in a circular pattern, making full rotations all the way to the center.
- Chill the fruit tart for at least an hour.