94% would make again
Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken Pasta
featured in 12 Comfort Foods To Suit Every Mood
for 2 servings
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon chili flake
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- ½ cup double cream (120 mL)
- 2 cups baby spinach (85 g)
- 1 ½ cups fresh egg pasta (150 g)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 941
- Fat 42g
- Carbs 81g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 68g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink inside. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Give the pan a quick wipe with a paper towel
- Melt the butter in the pan. Fry the onion and garlic until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and juice. Give the mixture a quick stir and add chili flakes and thyme. Stir in the water and double cream. Add the spinach and cook for about a minute, until wilted.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the pasta. Stir and cook until the pasta is al dente.
- Mix in the Parmesan. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve with more Parmesan, if desired.