Crispy Potato Tacos
Get ready to indulge in these Crispy Potato Tacos that are a perfect combination of crunchy and savory. This mouthwatering dish will have you coming back for seconds, making it a must-try for taco night!
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 8 tacos
- 2 large russet potatoes
- ¾ cup sour cream (170 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 8 corn tortillas
- oil, for frying
- sour cream, to taste
- salsa, to taste
- cotija cheese, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g), to taste
- Calories 177
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 25g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Thoroughly wash the potatoes and peel the skin off. Cut into smaller pieces and place in a pot of cold water.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat and allow potatoes to cook until they are soft.
- Place softened potatoes into a large bowl. Mix in sour cream, garlic, cumin, salt pepper and oregano, and mash until well combined.
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp towel or paper towel and microwave for 15-20 seconds, so they don’t break.
- On half of the tortilla, place about one Tbsp. of the potato mixture and spread it around. Fold the tortilla in half and repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- Heat one inch of vegetable oil in a pan. Carefully, place the potato tacos in the pan, allowing them to cook for about two minutes on each side.
- Once they have developed a golden color, remove from oil and strain excess oil off on a paper towel.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here