75% would make again
Deep Fried Chocolate Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries
featured in Ripe And Juicy Strawberry Recipes
Inspired by facebook.com
for 14 servings
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), 1 package, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar (80 g), plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 18 strawberries
- 2 cups pancake mix (260 g)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 2 eggs
- oil, for frying
- Calories 223
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 29g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese, vanilla, and ½ cup (80 g) of powdered sugar, and mix thoroughly.
- On a cutting board, cut the stem off of the strawberry. Using a ¼ teaspoon, scoop out the center of the strawberry. Fill the center of the strawberry with the cream cheese filling. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, milk, and eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat until the temperature reaches 365˚F (185˚C).
- Using a fork, coat the stuffed strawberries in the batter. Fry 2 strawberries at a time, about two minutes. Remove the strawberries from the oil with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Dust with powdered sugar.