96% would make again
Disneyland's Slow-Cooked Beef Stew Bread Bowl
featured in 6 Warming Soups and Stews
for 6 servings
- 2 lb chuck roast (910 g), cubed
- ⅓ cup flour (40 g)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 oz mushroom (220 g), quartered
- 4 cups beef broth (945 mL)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 bag frozen peas
- sourdough bread bowl
- Calories 688
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 75g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 54g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Toss the beef in the flour, seasoned salt, and pepper. Brown in batches in a skillet with oil on high heat.
- In the same pan, cook garlic and onions until the onions are clear.
- In the crockpot, layer the potatoes, carrots, celery, beef and onion mixture, and mushrooms. Pour in beef broth, paprika, and worcestershire.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 and a half hours.
- While the stew is cooking, hollow out sourdough bread bowl. Use the hollowed out portion and toothpicks to create ears on the bread bowl.
- Ten minutes before serving, stir in a bag of frozen peas.
- Serve in the prepared bread bowl.