84% would make again
DIY Rolled Ice Cream
featured in 5 Sprinkle-Filled Desserts
You’ve probably seen rolled ice cream all over your Instagram feed, but you can actually make this Thai dessert recipe at home. And the best part: There’s no fancy equipment required, just a sheet pan. Oh, and all you need is heavy cream, condensed milk, salt, and whatever toppings you like best. Looks like ice cream dreams do come true.
June 10, 2019
for 4 servings
- 1 pt heavy cream (475 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pinch salt
- topping of your choice
- Calories 743
- Fat 60g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 57g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Whisk the heavy cream, condensed milk, and salt in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over a half sheet pan, or multiple quarter sheet pans. Make sure the ice cream base just barely covers the bottom. It should be ¼-inch (6 mm) thick or less.
- Sprinkle any chopped-up toppings you would like. With a whisk, mix the toppings into the ice cream base to ensure they’re evenly distributed.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours. Make sure to also put your scrapers and ice cream bowls in the freezer so the ice cream doesn’t melt while rolling.
- After the ice cream is frozen solid, remove from the freezer and quickly place the metal spatula/paint scraper at an 45° angle against the edge of the pan, pushing carefully forward. If the ice cream needs a little help forming, use a butter knife to push the sheet of cream into the roll.
- Place the rolled ice cream in a chilled bowl and top with any toppings you desire.