Dorm-Friendly Microwave Meals For A Day
Take a break from the books or your dining hall and make these super easy, dorm-friendly microwaveable meals in just minutes. We got you covered for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. Here’s to your most delicious semester yet!
1 hr 35 min
1 hr 35 min
1 hr 35 min
1 hr 35 min
for 1 serving
Blueberry Ricotta Cake
- ⅓ cup ricotta cheese (85 g)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk, of choice
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (30 g)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries (35 g), plus more for garnish if desired
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- 1 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
Microwave Chicken Quesadilla
- 2 flour tortillas, 6-inch
- ½ cup chicken strips (60 g), or shredded chicken (cooked)
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
Microwave Meal-Prep Lasagna
- ½ cup ricotta cheese (125 g)
- ¼ cup fresh spinach (10 g), chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup marinara sauce (85 g)
- 4 no-boil lasagna noodles, broken in half
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 sheets graham cracker, crushed
- 4 oz cream cheese (110 g), softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- 5 fresh raspberries, for serving
- Make the Blueberry Ricotta Cake: In a large, microwave-safe mug, whisk together the ricotta cheese, maple syrup, melted butter, milk, and egg until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and stir with a small rubber spatula to combine. Fold in the blueberries.
- Cover the mug and microwave on high power for 3–4 minutes, until the batter is cooked through.
- Make the streusel topping: In a small bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add the butter and use your fingertips to pinch into the dry ingredients until evenly combined. Sprinkle the streusel over the mug cake.
- Microwave uncovered for 60–90 seconds, until the topping is cooked through. Let the cake sit for 1 minute, then garnish with more blueberries and dust with powdered sugar, if desired, and serve.
- Make the Chicken Quesadilla: Place the tortillas on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 1 minute, until slightly crispy. Let cool while you microwave the chicken mixture; they will dry out a bit.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, mix together the chicken, bell pepper, and taco seasoning until evenly combined. Microwave for 1–2 minutes, until the peppers have softened.
- Spread the chicken mixture evenly on one tortilla, sprinkle evenly with the cheese, then top with the remaining tortilla. Microwave for 30–60 seconds, until the cheese is melted. Slice and serve immediately.
- Make the Meal-Prep Lasagna: In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, spinach, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan, the salt, and black pepper.
- Spread a layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a glass container. Arrange a layer of lasagna noodles on top. Cover the noodles with a layer of the ricotta mixture, then some of the mozzarella. Repeat to make more layers, topping the final layer of noodles with more marinara sauce, the remaining mozzarella, and the remaining tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Place the lid on top of the container, but do not seal it closed. Microwave for 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted through. Remove from the microwave carefully, the container will be hot! Serve immediately, or let the lasagna cool and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Make the Cheesecake: Melt the butter in a small microwaveable ramekin. Tilt the ramekin to coat the sides with the melted butter. Add the graham cracker crumbs to the ramekin with the melted butter and mix well. Use a spoon to press the crumbs evenly against the bottom of the dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until no lumps remain. Spread the filling on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Microwave the cheesecake on half-power in 45-second increments for 4 minutes total, making sure the filling does not bubble over the sides of the ramekin. Remove the cheesecake from the microwave and chill in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, until completely cool to the touch.
- With a knife, loosen the edges of the cheesecake, then invert onto a plate, or leave in the ramekin, and top with the raspberries before serving.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.