We’re drunk in love with this quick and easy dish! Buttery, wine-soaked pasta topped with crunchy garlic breadcrumbs is the pasta party dreams are made of. This content is intended solely for users of legal drinking age. Drink responsibly.
for 2 servings
Bread Crumb Gremolata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs (55 g)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch kosher salt, plus more for cooking pasta
- ½ lb spaghetti (225 g)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 ¼ cups red wine (300 mL), such as cabernet sauvignon
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Calories 1085
- Fat 56g
- Carbs 119g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil.
- Make the bread crumb gremolata: Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the bread crumbs and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the bread crumbs are golden brown, 2–4 minutes. Transfer the bread crumbs to a heatproof bowl.
- Add the parsley, lemon zest, and salt and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Make the drunken bucatini: Once the water is boiling, add the bucatini and cook until just shy of al dente, 6–7 minutes. Reserve ½ cup (240 ml) pasta cooking water, then drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large, high-walled skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the pan and continue to stir for about 1 minute more, until the garlic starts to brown.
- Add the red wine to the pan and cook until reduced by about 25%, 2–3 minutes.
- Add the drained bucatini to the pan and toss gently with tongs. The wine will reduce more as the noodles cook through and soak up the wine, 2–3 minutes.
- Add the remaining 5 tablespoons of butter, the salt, and pepper. Toss until the butter is melted and the pasta is silky, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the pasta between 2 bowls and top with the bread crumb gremolata. Serve immediately.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.