98% would make again
Easy Breakfast Frittata
featured in Top Breakfasts of 2020!
Easy breakfast frittatas for all! While you refrigerate your egg mixture, fry up bacon, tomatoes, spinach, and onion — or really, whatever vegetables you have in the pantry or are in season. Mix everything together in an oven-safe pan, sprinkle with cheese, and bake for 15 minutes. Top this super simple meal with some chopped green onions and pair with a salad, some fruit, or (better yet!) a mimosa.
for 8 servings
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 strips bacon, diced
- 1 cup onion (150 g), diced
- ½ cup tomato (100 g), diced
- 4 cups spinach (900 g)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
- green onion, for topping
- Calories 259
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate until read to use.
- In an oven-safe pan, cook bacon. Once fully cooked, take out the bacon and set aside.
- Add onions to the same pan and cook until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and spinach ,and cook for a couple minutes until spinach is slightly wilted.
- Add the bacon back into the pan. Blend together.
- Add the eggs and cheese into the pan.
- Give it a good stir, then bake for 15 minutes, or until the eggs do not jiggle in the middle.
- Top off with green onions, if desired.