Fajita Pasta Bake
Spice up your dinner game with this mouthwatering Fajita Pasta Bake! It's a fiesta of flavors, combining tender pasta, juicy chicken, and colorful bell peppers, all baked to perfection in a creamy sauce.
for 6 servings
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 ½ cups mushroom (185 g), sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups penne pasta (400 g), uncooked
- 1 ½ cups sour cream (345 g)
- 3 cups shredded pepper jack cheese (300 g)
- fresh parsley, chopped. for garnish
- Calories 828
- Fat 34g
- Carbs 98g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 31g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a nonstick baking dish, add the bell peppers, mushrooms, and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil and half of the spice mix over the vegetables and toss well to coat.
- Bake the vegetables for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to the package instructions, until tender.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 1 cup (240 ml) of cooking water.
- Return the drained pasta to the pot and add the roasted vegetables. Add the rest of the spice mix, the reserved pasta water, and the sour cream and mix to combine.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to the baking dish used for roasting the vegetables and spread evenly. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes, then serve. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.