91% would make again
Frying Pan Soup Dumplings
featured in 5 Ways To Make Delicious Dumplings
for 20 dumplings
- 20 dumpling wrappers
- ⅔ cup water (150 mL)
- ⅔ cup hot water (150 mL)
- 0.2 oz gelatin powder (5 g)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 5 oz ground pork (130 g)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sake
- Calories 329
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 63g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- For the soup, add the hot water, gelatin powder, soy sauce, and chicken stock to a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Pour into a shallow dish and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour, until set.
- When set, fluff and break up the jellied soup with a fork.
- For the filling, combine the ground pork, green onion, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and sake in a medium bowl. Mix with your hands until combined.
- Scoop a spoonful of filling onto the middle of a dumpling wrapper. Add a spoonful of soup jelly on top.
- Fold up the edges of the dumpling and pinch everything in the center. Repeat with the remaining dumpling wrappers and filling.
- Put a plate in a medium pan pan, and lay a piece of parchment paper over it.
- Set the dumplings on the plate and pour 150 milliliters (⅔ cup) water under the plate. Cover and steam for 5 minutes over medium heat.