A unique and elegant twist on traditional Chinese dumplings. The filling is made with ground pork and rose petals, then steamed until tender and served with a flavorful dipping sauce.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 8 dumplings
- 3 ¹⁄₁ oz shrimp (100 g), cooked and chopped
- 3 ½ oz ground pork (100 g)
- 2 teaspoons sake
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 oz Chinese chives (25 g), minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 32 sheets dumpling wrappers or gyoza skins
- ⅓ cup water (80 mL)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- Calories 212
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 22g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped shrimp, ground pork, sake, salt, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar, and Chinese chives and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using your finger, rub the right edge of a dumpling wrapper with water. lay another dumpling wrapper over the edge so that it slightly overlaps, sealing tightly. Repeat with 2 more wrappers.
- Scoop a spoonful of filling onto the middle of each dumpling wrapper. Wet the edges of the wrappers and fold each wrapper over from top to bottom, ensuring that the edges are still overlapped, sealing tightly. Gently roll the dumplings from one end to the other, starting from the left side, creating a flower shape. Repeat with the remaining dumpling wrappers and fillings to create 8 rose dumplings in total.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the dumplings to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, until the bottoms begin to brown. Add a splash of water to the pan and cover with the lid. Steam for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil. Cook on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl, combine the rice vinegar, soy sauce, and chili oil.
- Remove the dumplings from the pan and serve with the sauce on the side.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.