94% would make again
featured in 5 Recipes For Garlic Bread Lovers
for 9 knots
- 1 ½ cups white bread flour (190 g)
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (240 mL)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- flour, extra for dusting
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Calories 101
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 11g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- For the dough, mix together the flour, yeast, and salt, and make a well in the middle.
- Pour the water and 1 teaspoon of olive oil into the well and mix together.
- Knead for about 7-10 minutes until the dough is springy.
- Line a bowl with the other teaspoon of olive oil, place the dough in the bowl, cover, and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour (or until doubled in size).
- Tear the dough into 9 separate balls and then roll into long tubes, folding over to make a knot.
- Place the knots on a baking tray.
- Bake in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the garlic butter by mixing the butter, garlic, and parsley.
- Coat the knots with the butter mixture and bake for another 5 minutes.