94% would make again
featured in 5 Recipes For Garlic Bread Lovers
Do NOT sleep on these delicious garlic knots. Warm and tender, they make the perfect appetizer or side dish for any pizza or pasta night. First, make an easy dough and let it rest while you prep the rest of dinner. Portion the dough and roll into knots, bake to golden brown perfection, then douse in garlic butter and finish in the oven (trust us when we say your kitchen is going to smell amazing). Definitely double up the recipe if you’re feeding a crowd—and don’t forget the marinara sauce for dipping!
February 24, 2023
for 9 knots
- 1 ½ cups white bread flour (190 g)
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (240 mL)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- flour, extra for dusting
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Calories 101
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 11g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- For the dough, mix together the flour, yeast, and salt, and make a well in the middle.
- Pour the water and 1 teaspoon of olive oil into the well and mix together.
- Knead for about 7-10 minutes until the dough is springy.
- Line a bowl with the other teaspoon of olive oil, place the dough in the bowl, cover, and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour (or until doubled in size).
- Tear the dough into 9 separate balls and then roll into long tubes, folding over to make a knot.
- Place the knots on a baking tray.
- Bake in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the garlic butter by mixing the butter, garlic, and parsley.
- Coat the knots with the butter mixture and bake for another 5 minutes.