91% would make again
Gingerbread Wookiee Cookies
featured in Gingerbread Treats 5 Ways
for 20 cookies
- 3 cups flour (375 g)
- ¾ cup butter (170 g), melted
- ¾ cup sugar (150 g)
- ½ cup molasses (165 g)
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chocolate chips (90 g)
- ¼ cup white chocolate chip (45 g)
- Calories 212
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 29g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Once dough begins to form a ball in the center.
- Dust generously with flour.
- Separate into three sections to make rolling easier. Cover dough with plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Dust a smooth surface with flour, and roll out a section of the dough to about ¼ inch (6 mm) thick. Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter, or a knife to slice out your Wookiees.
- Wookiees are tall, so you may want to stretch out the head and feet! Place on parchment paper on a baking sheet, and score the cookie’s surface to look like fur.
- Bake at 350˚F (180˚C) for 10-12 min. Your Wookiees will puff up quickly!
- Melt the chocolate and put into a piping bag.
- Add the bandolier, eyes and nose.
- Serve these soft and *chewie* Wookiee cookies