81% would make again
featured in 6 Delicious Doughnut Recipes
An alternative to traditional doughnuts, these gluten-free doughnuts are made with almond flour and coconut flour and are sweetened with maple syrup.
May 05, 2023
for 12 doughnuts
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate (100 g)
- ⅔ cup butter (150 g)
- ½ cup cocoa powder (50 g)
- ⅔ cup sugar (135 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- ⅔ cup chocolate (100 g), melted
- ⅓ cup sprinkles (50 g)
- Calories 394
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 31g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 25g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Take off the heat and whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- Tear off a piece of greaseproof paper and scrunch into a small ball.
- Place the the paper balls in the centre of each hole in a muffin tin.
- Pour the chocolate doughnut mixture in the muffin tin holes, circling around the paper balls and being careful not to cover them.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Carefully take the doughnuts out of the muffin tin. Take out the paper balls with your fingers. You should have a circle-shaped hole in each doughnut.
- Dip in some melted chocolate, followed by some sprinkles.