Cookies And Cream–Stuffed Doughnuts
These cookies and cream stuffed doughnuts are a dessert lover's dream come true! These doughnuts are soft, pillowy and filled with a creamy cookies and cream filling that will leave you wanting more.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 12 doughnuts
Cookies And Cream Filling
- 10 chocolate cookies
- ½ cup cream cheese (115 g)
- 12 pieces chocolate
- 2 cups plain flour (250 g)
- ¼ cup caster sugar (50 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk (120 mL)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 4 cups sunflower oil (1 L), for frying
- ⅓ cup white chocolate (50 g)
- Pour the cookies into a ziplock bag, fasten, and bash into crumbs using a rolling pin.
- Pour half of the cookie crumbs into a bowl and mix with the cream cheese. Set aside.
- Prepare the doughnut mixture by combining the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Add the milk, melted butter, and sunflower oil into the well of dry ingredients.
- Mix together with a fork until a dough is formed. Start rolling the dough into golf ball-size balls and then flatten using your thumb.
- Spoon in a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture and a square of chocolate. Close the dough with your hands, pinching the seams if necessary, and roll into a ball.
- Heat up the liter of sunflower oil in a pan until it reaches 375°F (190.5°C).
- Deep-fry the doughnut balls for about 4-5 minutes, until golden brown. Then leave donuts to drain and cool on a wiring rack or paper towel.
- Drizzle over the melted white chocolate and remaining half of the cookie crumbs.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.