93% would make again
featured in Fun Summer Grilling Recipes
Take pizza night to the next level using your grill! The smoky and charred crust paired with your favorite toppings will make you feel like you're eating pizza straight from a pizzeria.
May 05, 2023
for 8 slices
- 1 lb pizza dough (455 g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ cup tomato sauce (130 g)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- 1 sprig fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Calories 174
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 25g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the grill on high for 5-10 minutes.
- Coat the pizza dough with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Using your hands, rub the oil onto the outside of the dough while carefully stretching it into a circle 12-14 inches (30-35 cm) in diameter. Place the oiled pizza dough onto the preheated grill and quickly brush the top with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Close the grill and allow pizza dough to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, check the pizza. Large bubbles should be forming across the top of the dough. Using a large spatula or set of tongs, flip the dough over. Reduce the heat to low and add the sauce, cheese, and basil to the pizza. Increase the heat back to high and close the grill. Cook the pizza for 5-6 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the bottom of the crust is lightly charred.
- Cook the pizza for 5-6 minutes more, until the cheese has melted and the bottom of the crust is lightly charred.