Grilled Shrimp Tacos With Creamy Cilantro Sauce
Savor the flavors of summer with these Grilled Shrimp Tacos, topped with a zesty Creamy Cilantro Sauce. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a backyard BBQ, these tacos are sure to impress your taste buds.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 12 tacos
- 2 lb shrimp (910 g), peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream (230 g)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ cups shredded green cabbage (150 g)
- 1 ½ cups shredded red cabbage (150 g)
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 24 corn tortillas
- fresh cilantro
- Lime wedge
- 24 bamboo or metal skewers
- Calories 268
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 25g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, season the shrimp with the paprika, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, red pepper flakes, and salt. Toss gently to combine.
- Skewer the shrimp onto 2 skewers, poking through the top and bottom of each shrimp and pushing down to the bottom of the skewer. Repeat to fill all of the skewers, about 4 shrimp per skewer.
- Right before you place the shrimp on the grill, brush each skewer with a generous amount of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Grill over high heat for 3 minutes, brush the top side with more olive oil, flip, and cook for an additional 3 minutes, until the shrimp are opaque. Remove from the grill and remove the shrimp from the skewers.
- Make the creamy cilantro sauce: In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream, cilantro, lime zest, salt, and lime juice.
- Make the slaw: In a large bowl, combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, and jalapeño. Pour half of the sauce over the cabbage, saving the other half for serving, and toss to combine.
- Assemble the tacos: Add some of the slaw to the tortillas, followed by the shrimp. Top with the creamy cilantro sauce, more cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.