97% would make again
Grilled Shrimp Tacos With Creamy Cilantro Sauce
featured in Shrimp Recipes For True Seafood Lovers
June 10, 2019
for 12 tacos
- 2 lb shrimp (910 g), deveined & tails removed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 24 skewers, bamboo or metal
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 corn tortillas
Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream (230 g)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ cups green cabbage (150 g)
- 1 ½ cups red cabbage (150 g)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, minced
- lime wedge
- fresh cilantro
- Calories 268
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 25g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, season shrimp with paprika, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, red pepper flakes, and salt. Toss gently to combine.
- Using 2 bamboo or metal skewers, poke through the top and bottom of the shrimp and push down to the bottom of the skewer.
- Add 3 more shrimp to the same skewer and repeat until all of the shrimp are used.
- Right before you put the shrimp on the grill, brush each skewer with a generous amount of olive oil, to prevent sticking.
- Grill over high heat for 3 minutes, brush the top side with more olive oil, flip, and let cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from skewers & set aside for taco assembly.
- In a bowl, combine all creamy cilantro sauce ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine green cabbage, red cabbage, and minced jalapeño. Pour half of the sour cream mixture over the cabbage, saving the other half for extra sauce to put on the tacos.
- Assemble the tacos on corn tortillas. Add the cabbage mixture, followed by the shrimp. Top with the creamy cilantro sauce, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.