One-Pan Chicken And Veggie Meal Prep 2 Ways
Simplify your meal prep game with this one-pan chicken and veggie recipe, featuring two mouthwatering flavor combos. You'll love the convenience and deliciousness of these protein-packed, nutrient-rich dishes.
for 4 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced on the bias
- 1 cup broccoli florets (250 g)
- 1 cup snow peas (150 g)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 15 oz black beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (800 g)
- 1 cup soy sauce (240 mL)
- ½ cup honey (170 g)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Chipotle Lime Sauce
- ½ cup olive oil (120 mL)
- ½ cup lime juice (120 mL)
- ½ cup honey (170 g)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Calories 1146
- Fat 35g
- Carbs 180g
- Fiber 16g
- Sugar 96g
- Protein 37g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray.
- Arrange the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and red onion on the left half of the prepared baking sheet and the carrots, broccoli, and snow peas on the right half.
- Make the teriyaki sauce: In a liquid measuring cup, mix together the soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil. Pour some of the sauce into two small containers, reserving the rest.
- Make the chipotle lime sauce: In a liquid measuring cup, mix together the olive oil, lime juice, honey, garlic, chipotle powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Pour some of the sauce into two small containers, reserving the rest.
- Place chicken in the center of the baking sheet, between the vegetables. Pour the chipotle lime sauce over one chicken breast and the bell peppers and onion. Pour the teriyaki sauce over the remaining chicken breast and the carrots, broccoli, and snow peas.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetabels are tender.
- Slice the chicken. Add a scoop of rice to 4 containers. Add half of the chipotle lime chicken to each of two containers, along with the black beans, chipotle lime vegetables, and a container of chipotle lime sauce. Add half of the teriyaki chicken to each of the two remaining containers, along with the teriyaki vegetables and teriyaki sauce. Cover and label the containers. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- To serve, uncover a container and remove the sauce. Microwave for 2–3 minutes, until warmed through, then drizzle the sauce over.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.