95% would make again
Shredded Teriyaki Chicken Salad
featured in Salads You'll Love
Inspired by lecremedelacrumb.com
for 4 servings
- ⅔ cup brown sugar (85 g)
- 1 cup soy sauce (240 mL)
- ¼ cup lemon juice (60 mL)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (685 g)
- ½ cup olive oil (120 mL)
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 mango, pitted and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 10 green beans, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 scallion, greens only, finely chopped
- Calories 754
- Fat 38g
- Carbs 63g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 50g
- Protein 43g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the teriyaki sauce: In a liquid measuring cup or medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame seeds, ginger, and garlic. Whisk to combine and dissolve the sugar.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts, then place in a high-walled baking dish. Pour the teriyaki sauce over the chicken, reserving ½ cup (120 ml) of the sauce. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Make the dressing: While whisking, slowly drizzle the olive oil into the reserved teriyaki sauce.
- Transfer the marinated chicken breasts to the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160˚F (70˚C). Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Pour ¼ cup (60 ml) dressing over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Prepare the salad: Add the lettuce to a large bowl. Top with the mango, bell peppers, green beans, avocado, and shredded chicken. Add the remaining dressing and toss well.
- Divide between serving bowls and top with the scallions.