Healthier Frozen Breakfast Burritos
These breakfast burritos are loaded with scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and a medley of veggies. They're wrapped up in a soft tortilla and perfect for meal prepping. Plus, they're a healthier way to start your day without sacrificing flavor.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 6 servings
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 6 cups fresh spinach (240 g), sauteed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- olive oil, or oil of choice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- shredded cheese, of choice, to taste
- whole wheat tortilla
- Calories 171
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook turkey bacon according to package instructions. Remove and set to the side.
- Using the same skillet, add diced sweet potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add diced red bell peppers and cook until softened. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook spinach, then set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and pour in beaten eggs. Remove from pan once cooked.
- To assemble the burritos, place down parchment paper, then put the tortilla on top. Add scrambled eggs, sweet potatoes, spinach, bell pepper, turkey bacon, and cheese.
- Fold the left and right side of the burrito in, then fold the bottom up and roll tightly.
- Roll burrito into parchment paper.
- Serve now or place into a bag or reusable container.
- Transfer to the freezer. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To reheat, remove burrito from parchment paper and wrap in a damp paper towel.
- Microwave for 3 minutes or until warm.
- Rest for one minute.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.