97% would make again
Beef & Bean Burritos
featured in Budget-Friendly Freezer-Prep Burritos
for 6 burritos
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 6 flour tortillas
- 16 oz refried bean (455 g), 1 can
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese blend (100 g)
- Calories 480
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 34g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 31g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add ground beef to a large skillet over high heat and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook, breaking up the meat, until browned. Drain the fat and set aside to cool.
- Assemble the burritos by microwaving the flour tortilla for 20 seconds, and begin to layer burrito starting with refried beans, followed by the cooked beef and cheese.
- Fold in the left and right sides of the tortilla and roll it up from the bottom, tucking the bottom edge under the filling. Wrap in parchment paper and label. Freeze up to 1 month.
- To reheat from frozen, wrap the burrito in a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes, flipping halfway or until the center is hot. Let stand 1 minute before eating.