98% would make again
Creamy Jalapeño Chicken Taquitos
featured in Crunchy Taquito Recipes
for 6 servings
- 6 cups chicken (750 g), shredded
- ¼ cup jalapeño (25 g), diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups crema table cream (375 g)
- 24 corn tortillas
- oil, for frying
- ½ cup crema table cream (115 g)
- fresh cilantro
- ½ cup cotija cheese (60 g)
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 704
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 46g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 60g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a sauce pan, over medium-high heat, combine all taquito filling ingredients. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp towel and microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of filling across the tortilla about ⅓ of the way up from the bottom of the tortilla, and roll the tortilla around the filling.
- Heat about ¼ inch (½ cm) of oil over medium-high heat. Carefully, place 3-4 taquitos in the oil, and cook for 3 minutes on each side. (Frying them seam side down first helps them stay closed during frying!)
- Remove from the pan and drain excess oil on the taquito on a paper towel.
- Place cooked taquitos on a bed of lettuce and garnish with crema, cilantro, cotija, and avocado.