Japanese Rice Burger
This Japanese Rice Burger recipe puts a fun twist on the classic burger by swapping out the bun for sticky rice patties. These patties are then filled with juicy beef patties, crispy lettuce, and a savory sauce for an unforgettable flavor explosion in every bite!
for 3 servings
- 2 cups white rice (460 g), cooked
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb 80% lean ground beef (455 g)
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs (25 g)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup beef gravy (240 g), or demi-glace
- 3 eggs, fried
- ⅓ cup green onion (35 g), thinly sliced
- Calories 728
- Fat 39g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 55g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Press ⅓ cup (75 g) of rice into the bottom of a greased 1 cup measure, then remove. Repeat with the rice until you have 6 buns.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, fry the buns until lightly browned on both sides.
- Set aside on a paper towel.
- Mix together the the patty ingredients until evenly combined.
- Form the beef into 3 patties.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook the burgers for 3 minutes on the first side, flip, then cook for 6 more minutes.
- Assemble the burgers with the rice buns, beef gravy, egg, and green onions. scallions.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.