98% would make again
French Onion Burger
featured in 4 Burgers Around the World
This French Onion Burger is a savory twist on a classic burger, topped with caramelized onions, melted comte cheese, and a smear of tangy mustard. Served on a toasted bun, it's the perfect balance of juicy and flavorful.
May 05, 2023
for 3 servings
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g), 80% lean
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 hamburger buns
- 3 oz comté cheese (85 g), sliced
- 1 cup caramelized onion (150 g)
- 1 cup fresh arugula (20 g)
- mustard, of choice, to taste
- Calories 820
- Fat 42g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 57g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Mix together the patty ingredients until evenly combined.
- Form the beef into a round patty.
- Repeat with the remaining beef.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook the burgers for 3 minutes on the first side, flip, and place the slice of comté on top.
- Cook for 6 more minutes.
- Assemble the burgers on the buns with caramelized onions and arugula.