90% would make again
Hidden Veggie Mac & Cheese
featured in 4 Easy Veggie-Packed Dinners
This classic comfort food gets a nutritional twist with the addition of hidden vegetables like cauliflower, squash, and carrots in the sauce. Creamy and cheesy, this mac and cheese is the perfect way to sneak in some extra vitamins and minerals without sacrificing flavor.
May 05, 2023
for 6 servings
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (455 g), cooked al dente
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets (300 g)
- 1 cup butternut squash (205 g), diced
- 1 cup carrot (120 g), sliced
- 2 cups milk (480 mL)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (200 g), shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese (115 g)
- Calories 497
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 66g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add water, cauliflower, squash, and carrots in a pot over medium heat. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add everything into a blender, including cooking water, and blend until smooth.
- Return blended veggies to the pot over medium heat, and add the milk, cheese, and cream cheese. Stir until smooth.
- Add macaroni, reduce heat, mix thoroughly, and cover for 20 minutes.