90% would make again
Hidden Veggie Mac & Cheese
featured in 4 Easy Veggie-Packed Dinners
for 6 servings
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (455 g), cooked al dente
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets (300 g)
- 1 cup butternut squash (205 g), diced
- 1 cup carrot (120 g), sliced
- 2 cups milk (480 mL)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (200 g), shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese (115 g)
- Calories 630
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 69g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 29g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add water, cauliflower, squash, and carrots in a pot over medium heat. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add everything into a blender, including cooking water, and blend until smooth.
- Return blended veggies to the pot over medium heat, and add the milk, cheese, and cream cheese. Stir until smooth.
- Add macaroni, reduce heat, mix thoroughly, and cover for 20 minutes.