89% would make again
Cauliflower Parmesan Soup
featured in 5 Healthy & Hearty Fall Soups
Inspired by yummyhealthyeasy.com
for 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 heads cauliflower, riced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 8 cups vegetable broth (1.9 L)
- 2 cups water (470 mL)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ cup vegetarian parmesan cheese (55 g)
- ¼ cup fresh chives (10 g)
- Calories 902
- Fat 66g
- Carbs 61g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Melt butter on medium heat in a large pot. Add the garlic and onion, and sauté 1-2 minutes until onion is translucent. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Add the cauliflower, vegetable broth, and water, then stir.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the thyme then cover and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and remove the thyme.
- Use an immersion or countertop blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Mix in vegetarian Parmesan and chives.
- Allow to cool 2 minutes then serve.