Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Get all the cozy comfort of chicken pot pie in a bowl! This hearty soup is loaded with tender chicken, carrots, potatoes, and peas in a creamy broth that's seasoned with thyme and bay leaves. Top it off with some flaky puff pastry and enjoy.
for 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 6 carrots, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (30 g)
- 2 cups chicken stock (470 mL)
- 2 cups half-and-half (470 mL)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup frozen corn (175 g)
- 1 cup frozen peas (150 g)
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bones and shredded
- small rounds of pie crust, baked, for garnish (optional)
- Calories 438
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 22g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the olive oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the butter until melted, then add the flour and cook until the flour coats the vegetables and browns slightly.
- Add the chicken stock and half-and-half and stir to combine. Season with the black pepper, thyme, and nutmeg, then allow to come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the corn, peas, and chicken. Season with salt. Cook until warmed through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. If desired, garnish with small rounds of baked pie crust.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.