Everything-In-The-Fridge Pasta As Made By Ashley Tyrus-Rawlings
Mix and match leftover ingredients in your fridge to make a sustainable, delicious pasta dish to feed the whole family! Feel free to swap in whatever protein, vegetables, and pasta shapes you have around.
for 6 servings
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 lb dried bowtie pasta
- ½ lb medium shrimp (225 g), deveined, peeled with tails left on
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream (480 mL)
- ½ cup cherry tomato (100 g), halved lengthwise
- 1 cup broccoli (150 g)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (100 g)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- Calories 605
- Fat 45g
- Carbs 35g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions until al dente, then drain well.
- Meanwhile, season the shrimp all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and red pepper flakes and sauté until cooked through, 6–8 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion, and garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent and fragrant, 4–6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the heavy cream, and bring to a low simmer. Add the tomatoes, broccoli, and red bell pepper. Cook for 6–8 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Stir the Parmesan into the sauce until melted, about 2 minutes, then mix in the lemon juice. Add the shrimp and pasta and toss to coat. Sprinkle in the basil and season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the pasta hot, garnished with more basil.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here