for 6 servings
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter (75 g), plus more for greasing
- 15 oz cornbread (425 g)
- 8 biscuits, broken into 1 1/2 in (4 cm) pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb turkey sausage (425 g), casings removed
- ½ large white onion, diced
- ¾ cup celery (110 g), diced
- ¾ cup baby bella mushroom (110 g)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- ½ tablespoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 1 ¼ cups chicken stock (300 mL)
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Crumble the cornbread into a large bowl, then add the biscuit pieces and toss to combine.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the sausage and use a wooden spoon to break up into small pieces. Cook until browned, 6–8 minutes.
- Add the onion, celery, and mushrooms and cook until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add the thyme, rosemary, and sage and cook until fragrant, 1–2 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the heavy cream, chicken stock, and nutmeg and stir to combine. Bring to a gentle boil for 2–3 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Add the sausage mixture to the crumbled cornbread and biscuits and mix well to combine. Pour in the chicken stock mixture, one third at a time, and stir to combine.
- Transfer the stuffing to the prepared baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm.