Kale And Mushroom Stuffing
featured in 4 Ways to Up your Stuffing Game
Indulge in this scrumptious Kale and Mushroom Stuffing that's perfect for any festive gathering. With its earthy flavors and satisfying texture, it's a guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
May 04, 2023
91% would make again
for 10 servings
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, 2 stick
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb cremini mushroom (455 g), sliced
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 loaves day-old country white bread, torn into 1-inch (2-cm) pieces, (bake at 325˚F (170˚C) for 25 minutes to dry out if not day-old)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups vegetable stock (720 mL)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Calories 597
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 62g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Grease a 9x13-inch (23x33-cm) baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery, onions, and garlic. Cook until softened and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the kale, sage, and rosemary. Cook for another 5 minutes, until the kale is wilted.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, vegetable stock, half of the parsley, the salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread and cooked vegetable mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and vegetable mixture, and stir to coat.
- Transfer the stuffing to the prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Top with the remaining parsley.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here