96% would make again
Stuffing with Cornbread
featured in 4 Ways to Up your Stuffing Game
June 10, 2019
for 10 servings
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 stick
- 1 ½ lb thick-cut bacon (680 g), chopped
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 loaves day-old cornbread, torn into 1-inch (2-cm) pieces, (bake at 325˚F (170˚C) for 25 minutes to dry out if not day-old)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups turkey stock (720 mL)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Calories 473
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 23g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Grease a 9x13-inch (23x33-cm) baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until the fat has rendered, about 3 minutes.
- Add the celery, onion, and garlic. Cook until softened and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme and rosemary. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, turkey stock, half of the parsley, the salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread and cooked bacon mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and vegetable mixture, and stir to coat.
- Transfer the stuffing to the prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Top with the remaining parsley.