Stuffing with Cornbread
Get ready to level up your Thanksgiving feast with this scrumptious Stuffing with Cornbread recipe! This mouthwatering side dish combines the perfect blend of savory and sweet, making it an unforgettable addition to your holiday table.
for 10 servings
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 stick
- 1 ½ lb thick-cut bacon (680 g), chopped
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 loaves day-old cornbread, torn into 1-inch (2-cm) pieces, (bake at 325˚F (170˚C) for 25 minutes to dry out if not day-old)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups turkey stock (720 mL)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Calories 508
- Fat 34g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Grease a 9x13-inch (23x33-cm) baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until the fat has rendered, about 3 minutes.
- Add the celery, onion, and garlic. Cook until softened and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme and rosemary. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, turkey stock, half of the parsley, the salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread and cooked bacon mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and vegetable mixture, and stir to coat.
- Transfer the stuffing to the prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Top with the remaining parsley.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.