88% would make again
featured in Zodiac Signs As Drinks!
This may be called an Ice Zombie, but it tastes more like the tropics. The pineapple juice, blue curaçao, and rum will make you feel like you’re on vacation, which is a perfect way to forget that winter is coming.
for 1 serving
- 14 fl oz canned coconut milk (420 mL), chilled
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon blue sanding sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sanding sugar
- 2 fl oz pineapple juice (60 mL), divided
- 1 ½ oz white rum (45 mL)
- 1 fl oz blue curaçao (30 mL)
- Calories 1105
- Fat 88g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 34g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Carefully scoop the solid layer from the can of chilled coconut milk into a medium bowl. Blend with an electric hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar and continue mixing until fully incorporated, scraping down the bowl as needed. While mixer is still running, add in a splash of coconut milk from the can, and mix until cream is silky and just falls from a spoon. Set aside.
- On a small plate, mix together the blue and white sugars. Pour 1 ounce pineapple juice into a small bowl.
- Dip the rim of a highball glass into the pineapple juice, then in the sugar mixture. Fill glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the rum, blue curaçao, and remaining 1 ounce pineapple juice. Shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Strain into the sugared highball glass and top with 2 tablespoons of the coconut whipped cream.