for 1 serving
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 g)
- ¼ cup hot water (60 mL)
- ¼ cup blue sanding sugar (50 g)
- 5 blueberries
- 1 oz blue curaçao (30 mL)
- 1 oz vodka (30 mL)
- 2 oz coconut water (55 mL)
- ½ lime
- ice, for shaking and serving
- 1 tablespoon full-fat coconut milk, shaken well
- ½ tablespoon blue curaçao
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Make sugared blueberries: Add the granulated sugar to the hot water and stir until dissolved. Let the mixture cool slightly, 3–4 minutes.
- Spread the sanding sugar on a plate. Using a fork, dip the blueberries in the sugar syrup, then roll them in the sanding sugar and transfer to a wire rack to dry, about 15–20 minutes. Once dry, skewer the blueberries onto a metal cocktail pick.
- Make the cocktail: Add the blue curaçao, vodka, coconut water, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake for 1 minute, until cold.
- Fill an Old Fashioned or rocks glass with ice, then strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Make the coconut floater: In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut milk and curaçao.
- Gently pour the coconut floater over the cocktail, letting it streak down through the liquid.
- Place the sugared blueberry garnish across the top of the glass.