The Black Forest
featured in Blue Curaçao 4 Ways
This content is intended solely for users of legal drinking age. Drink responsibly.
March 01, 2022
83% would make again
for 1 serving
Rich Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (200 g)
- ¾ oz grenadine (25 mL)
- 1 oz blue curaçao (30 mL)
- ½ oz rich simple syrup (15 g)
- 1 ½ oz gin (45 mL)
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice (25 mL)
- 1 cup crushed ice (140 g)
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme, plus 2 sprigs, for garnish, divided
- ¼ teaspoon pink peppercorn, for garnish
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Make the rich simple syrup: Add the water and sugar to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes, until the sugar is fully dissolved. Transfer to a glass jar and let cool. The syrup will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Make the cocktail: Add the grenadine, blue curacao, rich simple syrup, gin, and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker and fill with ½ cup (70 G) ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds, until combined.
- Carefully light the bunch of thyme on fire with a kitchen torch. Blow out the flame and invert a highball glass over the thyme to capture the smoke. Let sit for 30 seconds.
- Fill the glass with the remaining ½ cup ice, strain the cocktail into the glass, and garnish with the remaining 2 sprigs of thyme and the pink peppercorns.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.