79% would make again
featured in Blue Curaçao 4 Ways
for 1 serving
Rich Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (400 g)
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice (25 mL)
- 1 ¾ oz apple juice (60 mL)
- ½ oz rich simple syrup (15 g)
- 1 oz blue curaçao (1 mL)
- 1 cup crushed ice (140 mL), divided
- ½ oz sloeberry vodka (15 mL)
- 4 apple slices, for garnish
- 1 orange peel, for garnish
- Make the rich simple syrup: Add the water and sugar to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes, until the sugar is fully dissolved. Transfer to a glass jar and let cool. The syrup will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Make the cocktail: Add the lemon juice, apple juice, rich simple syrup, and blue curaçao to a cocktail shaker and fill with ½ cup ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds, then strain into a highball glass filled with the remaining ½ cup (70 G) ice.
- Float the sloeberry vodka on top of the drink. Garnish with the fanned apple slices and an orange peel.