95% would make again
Blueberry Bourbon Smash
for 1 serving
- 1 cup light brown sugar (220 g)
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- 1 pt blueberry (405 g), very ripe
- 2 oz bourbon (55 g)
- 1 oz lemon juice (30 g)
- 1 oz blueberry simple syrup (30 g)
- ginger beer, to taste
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar completely.
- Add the blueberries to the pot and boil until the berries begin to burst, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 5–10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the bourbon, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice and top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with lemon wedge.