84% would make again
featured in Hearty Dips
for 4 servings
- 1 ½ cups kimchi (225 g), chopped
- 2 tablespoons korean red pepper powder, 3 tbsp if you like it spicy
- 5 cups shredded cheddar cheese (500 g)
- 1 cup sour cream (245 g)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- torilla chip, optional, to taste
- Calories 720
- Fat 58g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 36g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Chop kimchi and place in bowl, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt cheddar cheese part way (until it’s mostly soft but still clumpy).
- Add the sour cream. Melt and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the red pepper powder and stir until evenly integrated.
- Add kimchi and simmer until evenly mixed and smooth. The liquid from the kimchi may give the appearance that the queso is chunky, continue heating and stirring 5-10 minutes and it will smooth out.
- Serve garnished with chopped green onion. Goes great with chips, raw vegetables, or straight into the mouth via spoon.