98% would make again
Creamy Sausage Bolognese
featured in 6 Unforgettable Pasta Recipes In Red Sauce
for 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 italian sausages, casings removed, 1 sweet, 1 hot
- 1 lb ground sirloin (500 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- ½ cup red wine (120 mL)
- 28 oz crushed tomato (795 g)
- 16 oz beef broth (455 mL)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (100 g)
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 1 lb penne pasta (500 g), cooked to box instructions
- parmesan cheese, shavings
- Calories 675
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 69g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot, set on medium heat, add the olive oil and sauté the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic until they are soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and the sausages. Season with salt and pepper, and break up the meat with a spoon and frying until no longer pink.
- Next, add the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and red wine. Stir and reduce until the wine has almost completely evaporated.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients, except the parmesan and cream. Stir to ensure everything is well mixed.
- Simmer for 30 minutes to 3 hours. The longer the simmer, the deeper and more concentrated the flavor.
- Stir in the parmesan and cream to the sausage bolognese.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
- Serve with more parmesan, if desired.