99% would make again
One-Pot Cajun Pasta
featured in Tempting Cajun Recipes
Spice up your weeknight dinner routine with this one-pot Cajun pasta loaded with shrimp, chicken, and sausage. It's the perfect combination of heat and flavor that will have you reaching for seconds.
May 05, 2023
for 12 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 8 oz andouille sausage (100 g), or smoked sausage, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 cups mushroom (150 g)
- 16 oz pasta (455 g), 1 box, of your choice, we used linguine
- 5 cups chicken broth (1 L)
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (100 g), shredded
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- green onion, optional, for garnish
Cajun Spice Mix
- cayenne pepper, equal parts
- onion powder, equal parts
- paprika, equal parts
- garlic powder, equal parts
- salt, equal parts
- pepper, equal parts
- Calories 314
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 21g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Pour olive oil into the pot.
- Add diced chicken breast to the pot, cover with cajun seasoning, and stir until the chicken is evenly seasoned.
- Add sliced sausage and stir. Cook the meat on medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Once the meat is cooked, add in the garlic, onion, peppers, and mushrooms, and stir. Continue stirring for 3-5 minutes as the veggies cook down.
- Add the dry pasta to the pot (if using long, thin noodles, break in half), then pour in the chicken broth. Stir until everything is well-mixed.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, keep covered bring the heat down to a simmer for 10 minutes (stirring every two minutes).
- NOTE: If there still extra chicken broth, you can discard it, cook longer until the liquid evaporates, or add a little cornstarch to thicken the liquid.
- Lastly, add heavy cream and parmesan and stir until your pasta is well blended. Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with green onions, more parmesan, a sprinkle of cajun seasoning (if you want some extra spice), and salt and pepper to taste.