Cheesy Chicken And Broccoli Pasta
Savor the comforting flavors of this Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta, perfect for a cozy weeknight dinner. With its creamy sauce and tender chicken, this dish will have everyone coming back for seconds!
for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch (2cm) pieces
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ cup yellow onion (75 g), about half an onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, about 1 tablespoon, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth (480 mL)
- 3 cups water (720 mL)
- 16 oz pasta shells (455 g)
- 4 cups broccoli (1 kg), or one head of broccoli
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (200 g)
- Calories 826
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 99g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 52g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large pot. Add chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper, and allow the chicken to brown on one side.
- Flip chicken, then add onions and garlic as the second side browns.
- Once the chicken has browned on both sides, add chicken broth, water, and pasta to the pot.
- Stir all ingredients, cover the pot with a lid, and bring to a boil. When it begins to boil, uncover and stir. Bring the heat to low, stir, then cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes has passed, uncover and add in the broccoli. Stir continually as the broccoli steams until the rest of the liquid evaporates.
- Add milk and cheddar cheese and stir until the cheese melts and you have a smooth cheese sauce.
- Add salt and pepper (to taste), cayenne, and nutmeg. Stir once more, then you’re ready to serve.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here