86% would make again
Korean Tornado Potatoes
featured in Fries Around the World
June 10, 2019
for 4 servings
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 1 teaspoon korean red pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 packet korean ramen seasoning
- 4 yukon gold potatoes
- canola oil, for frying
- salt, to taste
- long wooden skewer
- Calories 328
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, Korean red pepper, sugar, and ramen seasoning.
- Cut the potatoes into ribboned curls using the ribbon blade on a spiralizer. If you don’t have a spiralizer, insert a skewer into each potato and, working in a spiral motion, cut in the opposite direction you are turning the skewered potato, making a thin, even spiral all the way down the potato. A spiralizer is recommended.
- Gather the potato curls together, then wrap each curl around a wooden skewer, spacing out the potato evenly. Set aside to dry for 5 minutes.
- Heat the canola oil in a deep pot until it reaches 350ºF (180ºC).
- Fry the potatoes until golden brown, 3-5 minutes, then drain on a paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- While the tornado potatoes are still hot, season with salt and sprinkle with the cheese mixture.