Tornado Sweet Potato
featured in Sweet Potato 4 Ways
These sweet potatoes have a twist! With a tornado cut, they're the perfect way to spice up your side dish game. Serve with your favorite protein and veggie for a well-rounded meal.
May 04, 2023
85% would make again
for 4 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter (30 g), melted
- ¾ cup vegetarian parmesan cheese (85 g)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Take potatoes and poke them on all sides with a fork. Microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Coat a wooden skewer with oil and insert the skewer through the length of the potato.
- Hold a sharp, thin knife at an angle and cut through the end of the potato until it hits the wooden skewer. Begin rotating the potato to cut down the length of it and form a spiral.
- Gently fan out the potato down the length of the skewer, until you have an even gap between the slices forming the spiral.
- Brush the potato with melted butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Shovel the dry mixture all over the potato until it is entirely coated.
- Rest the skewered potatoes over a baking pan so the skewers suspend the potato over the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Garnish with additional parmesan and parsley.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.