Cheese-Stuffed Tater Tots
featured in Quick And Easy Snacks For Night Owls
These cheese-stuffed tater tots are a fun twist on a classic snack! The gooey cheese filling is a delicious surprise with every bite.
May 04, 2023
87% would make again
for 4 servings
- 2 lb frozen hash brown (910 g), thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 block cheddar cheese, cut into small, rectangular cubes
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Calories 858
- Fat 57g
- Carbs 69g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine thawed hash browns, flour, salt, pepper, and eggs in a bowl.
- Take a piece of cheese and wrap a palmful of the mixture around it, shaping it into a tot (you may have to squeeze out some excess moisture to make it nice and tight).
- Fill a large, deep skillet halfway with oil and heat over medium. When the oil is hot, drop in some tots, turning them along the way until they're crispy and golden brown. Let cool a bit.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.