84% would make again
Cheesy Fried Hot Dogs by Bien Tasty
featured in 6 Scrumptious Hot Dog Recipes
for 6 servings
- 8 slices american cheese, sliced
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 wooden skewers
- 2 cups flour (250 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups milk (360 mL)
- 2 eggs
- oil, for frying
- ketchup, to serve
- mustard, to serve
- Calories 556
- Fat 34g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place a hot dog in the middle of a cheese slice.
- Roll the cheese slice around the hot dog, then push a wooden skewer inside.
- Place the cheese-wrapped hot dogs seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, baking powder, milk, and eggs, stirring until the batter is smooth and has no lumps.
- Pour the batter into a tall glass cup for easier dipping.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat until 375°F-400°F (190°C-200°C).
- Take a frozen hot dog and dip it fully into the batter, lifting it out then rotating it to let excess batter drip off.
- Using tongs, carefully place the battered dog into the hot oil, rotating it so that it frys evenly. Remove when golden brown, then pat with a paper towel to drain.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard!