91% would make again
Chicken Parm Pizza
featured in 5 Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Recipes
for 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups seasoned bread crumbs (345 g)
- oil, for frying
- 1 cup tomato sauce (260 g)
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese (225 g), sliced or shredded
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (25 g)
- fresh basil, chopped, to garnish
- Calories 1264
- Fat 41g
- Carbs 138g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 77g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a food processor, add the chicken, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika, and pulse until thoroughly combined, with no large chunks.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the bottom of a plastic wrap-lined, 10-inch (25 cm) cake pan. Fold over the excess saran wrap on top, and press it into a flat shape. Freeze until completely frozen solid, 2-4 hours.
- In 3 separate shallow dishes, distribute the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs.
- Unwrap the frozen chicken disc and dip it in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Submerge it into the eggs, then cover it completely with the bread crumbs, pressing the bread crumbs into the chicken.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Add oil to a large, deep pan halfway up the side to 400°F (200°C).
- Carefully lower the chicken disc into the oil with tongs, making sure it doesn’t splash. If the bottom is getting more color than the top, flip the patty extremely carefully and fry the other side until a deep golden brown.
- Remove the chicken disc from the oil and transfer to a wire rack. Blot with paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Add the tomato sauce to the fried chicken disc, spreading it in an even layer.
- Lay the mozzarella over the sauce, then sprinkle with Parmesan over the top.
- Broil for 5-8 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Top with basil, slice, and serve.
- Nutrition Calories: 2086 Fat: 149 grams Carbs: 134 grams Fiber: 8 grams Sugars: 10 grams Protein: 50 grams