Lemon Thyme Shortbread Cookies
These lemon thyme shortbread cookies are a refreshing and buttery delight! The fresh lemon juice and zest add a zing to the sweet and crumbly cookie, while the thyme gives it a savory note. They're perfect for any tea party or as a light dessert after a meal.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 20 cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 g)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (25 g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups all purpose flour (250 g)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1 cup powdered sugar (110 g)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 lemon, for zesting
- Calories 104
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer on medium speed to cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the egg, McCormick® Vanilla Extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice, and mix until fully combined, about 3 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt, and McCormick® Dried Thyme Leaves, and mix on low speed until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of parchment paper and use the parchment to roll the dough into a log about 10 inches long and 2 inches wide. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the log crosswise into ½-inch-thick rounds. Place the dough rounds on the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Dip the tops of the cookies in the icing or spread the icing over the cookies, then return to the wire rack. Zest the lemon lightly over each cookie. Let the glaze set for about 30 minutes before serving.