93% would make again
Lobster Mac & Cheese
featured in 25 Mac 'N' Cheese Recipes
for 6 servings
- 12 oz lobster tail (340 g), 4 tails
- 1 cup homemade breadcrumb (115 g)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 2 cups whole milk (480 mL)
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese (200 g)
- 1 ½ cups shredded comte cheese (150 g)
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese (35 g)
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- ½ lb pasta (230 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, for garnish
- Calories 718
- Fat 34g
- Carbs 58g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 40g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Boil the lobster tails in salted water until just cooked through, about 12 minutes. -- Cook 1 minute per ounce (28g).
- When cool, remove the meat and dice. Set aside.
- Toss the breadcrumbs with 1 tablespoon melted butter, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add the flour and whisk, cook about a minute.
- Add the Cognac and whisk. The mixture will thicken immediately.
- Slowly add the milk, while whisking.
- Increase the heat to medium and stir occasionally until it starts to bubble.
- The sauce will thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- When it reaches this stage, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sharp cheddar, Comte and parmesan cheeses, one handful at a time, whisking to incorporate. When one handful is melted, add the next.
- When all the shredded cheese has been added, add the mascarpone and stir.
- Remove from heat.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce and ½ of the lobster, reserving about ½ for the top.
- Pour into a bake dish, and top with reserved lobster and buttered breadcrumbs.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.